Monday, January 15, 2007

Three Day Weekend Blahs

It was a great day Saturday, a great day Sunday, and today was the pittso. All told I think I put 7 loads behind me this weekend. Tshirts still hanging in a colorful cluster from hangers in the bathroom, and Stella's red bra and Jackson's socks on the rack in the dining room. Upstairs I trimmed and watered all the orchids, philodendrons, cactus, messy messy and not really laundry, but neglected.
And my socks are lined up on their own rack, looking out the window, down into the back yard, where the squirrel ran along the phone lines and the sun set behind expensive hills. Stella's homework took all day. I raked the leaves finally. It's a boring life, when it's all about laundry and houseplants. We wrote 5 poems for her homework -- she wrote hers and I wrote mine. I want to talk about the books I'm reading, but I think that belongs on the other site and I'm tired. Why are my kids yelling downstairs? I don't have a photo of Stella's red bra, but somewhere I have one of her in her red pajamas.

No comments: