Saturday, January 9, 2010

Looking for Crochet Pattterns

My brother's wife is expecting their second son -- oh, any moment. I'm crocheting a blanket. It needs to be quick, and pretty, and soft. All my books and patterns are still in boxes. And, I'm not about to buy more, as I'm hopeful the internet will offer up sweet free crochet pattern treasures. Look what I found!!!

Attic24 "Brighten Your Day" is a great blog and Lucy has a gorgeous pattern for making a ripple blanket.


I found Lucy's blog from the Whip It Up site, a great collection of all kinds of craft stuff from Australia. The world is full of women who love to let color and texture through their fingers day after day.

Still looking, though, as none of these is exactly what I want right now. I'll be trying that ripple pattern, though, later. I promise.

And, here's more! I've got to concentrate on finding a pattern and stop finding cool new blogs and websites. I'm not sure I'm crazy about the cutesy nature of the names and crafts here, not completely my style, but oh so so pretty and photographed so beautifully -- I am inspired! Posie Gets Cozy. Look at her photos! (which i have not asked her permission to copy so will not, dangit.)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ahh! It's so pretty! :D I love the colors and the pattern- nice choice.